Sunday, August 3, 2014

Blogging........ Outside?

One day last week, I decided to change my blogging work spot for the morning.  It was a beautiful day... not a normal hot and muggy summer day, but a cooler and very pleasant one. Usually I work inside at my desk and that works well, but this day, I just HAD to be outside. I took my laptop out... and found that the mouse does NOT work on the metal mesh table, so I had to have a mouse pad for that. Thankfully, one of my boys knew where one was.

I sat on the deck out near the gardens.... it was so nice and pleasant and I was eager to get a lot done. :) I had a cup of tea out there on that cool morning and I was ready to work!

Because of the brightness of the sun under the canopy, I had to squint to see the computer screen, but that still worked... because I was loving being outside. :)  Oh, it was SO nice.

I found that with the difficulty seeing the screen because of the glare.... and also because of the mouse issues...  AND because 5 of my kids joined me out on the deck to talk to me, I really didn't get as much done as I usually do in the same amount of time at my desk, so eventually I had to go back inside to work.

I haven't done that since... but it is tempting. Instead, I usually just walk through the gardens, work in them, or water them while I'm out there and go inside to work on the computer.  Still, it was a treat to be out there feeling the beautiful warmth of the sun on a cool morning, hearing the birds, seeing the flowers, and drinking tea............... and just visiting with my children.... I love doing that. :)  So, I'm so glad I did that, but I will probably work on computer work inside the house from now on......

Thank you for visiting my blog today. :)

Shared on:

Meet Up Monday
Everyday Life Link Party
Sharing His Beauty
Homestead Barn Hop
Recommendation Sat
Serenity Saturday
Weekend No Rules
Show & Tell Sat
My Favorite Things
Saturday Soiree
Weekly Wrap Up
Thought Provoking Thursday
Hearts For Home
No Rules Weekend Party Thriving Thursday
Homeacre Hop
The Homemaking Party
Fabulously Frugal Thursday
Winsome Wednesday
Wholehearted Home
So Much At Home
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
Hip Homeschool Hop
Titus 2 Tuesday
Women Helping Women
M M & M Linky Party
Making Your Home Sing Mondays
Art of Homemaking Mondays
Sharing His Beauty
Homestead Barn Hop


12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an awesome morning. I love doing work when I can outside. I found you via the Homemaking party today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did- so fun.... just not so good for getting things "done". :) Need to have time for both though, and I don't regret that morning. Thank you for visiting. :)

      Delete
  2. The greatest thing about laptops and writing you can go anywhere you want to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true - except I haven't figured out how to be able to see the screen with the glare from the sun. :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Nice! I love being outside and every opportunity I have, I take the laptop out! Living in Ireland though, we don't always get such great weather ;) As I look out now, the rain is hitting my window! oh well! Enjoy your good weather!
    http://labellavidaaa.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, but my screen isn't bright enough to see very well with all of the bright sunlight. We had a lot of rain this week - over
      3 1/4" in 12 hours, so I wasn't out then, but loved the thunderstorm. :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  4. That area is so pretty, I don't blame you for trying! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.... oh, it was so nice..... just not for blogging. :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  5. I can see why it would be easy to be distracted out there. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was.... especially after all the hot weather and then having a cooler beautiful day. Wonderful. :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  6. what a great idea to blog in your beautiful backyard. Even though you did not get a lot of blogging done how great to spend time with your children!
    Thanks for linking up at Everyday Life Link Party!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working on my blog outside or just surfing the `net, sounds good to be outside. Too bad I still have a desktop.

    ReplyDelete